Friday, April 21, 2006

Emotional Roller Coaster

The past couple of weeks I have been on an emotional roller coaster. And anyone who knows me knows that I HATE roller coasters. I just feel as though I've been alternating between happy, cranky and melancholy.

Happy.

* I have an amazing, supportive and loving fiance. He puts up with me through all my moods and listens to me vent any time I need to. All that and he's handsome and funny to boot.
* I am surrounded by friends who show me in small, unexpected ways that I'm important to them.
* May is going to be a good month, filled with new experiences and fun.

Cranky.

* I am frustrated with the status quo of my life. School progresses on, still a year away from being complete. Work is frustrating because there is so much I need to do, but on each project I am stalled in one way or another.
* I am usually cranky and irritable when something else is wrong. See melancholy.

Melancholy.

* My romantic life is 99% perfect, with the whopping 1% being the intolerable distance.
* All of my friends are getting married and having babies. While I can console myself that the grass is always greener in someone else's yard, the fact is I'm jealous. And sad. And somehow I thought by the time I was 28 (or will be in a few weeks) that I would be further along in my life. And as irrational as it is, I'm just sad that my life won't "start" for another year or two.

The Silver Lining.

* After tomorrow I will be done with this term, save my one final on May 8.
* Someone suggested I take my knitting with me for my Saturday school day tomorrow. He gets lots of brownie points for the suggestion.
* After this weekend, I will not have any more weekend school to interfere with my lazy weekend routine and my Saturday night "date" with Wes.
* Only 27 days until Wes arrives.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jon said...

From the sound of it, you have a really nice fiance, school's... well... school, you're blogging well and often, you've got lots of interesting hobbies... the list could go on. Sounds like life has started. If you think it hasn't, it may never. These days I think if life didn't take you for a ride, I wonder if you could claim you'd lived it. Nobody wears a shirt that says "I survived a trip to Delaware" unless they're being sarcastic. Here's to the 99% that makes the 1% well worth it...

10:37 PM  
Blogger barista brat said...

im a big believer in "my twenties are mine!"
marriage, kids and the like won't even enter my thought process until i hit thirty.
but that's just me!

1:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home