Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sometimes I Kill Me...

Tonight I went out for some really great Mediterranean food with a coworker. She and I gossiped a bit, and also talked about finishing grad school (she's done in a few weeks) and the future. We were discussing that despite the best intentions when we started, "let me just get a B and get it over with" is sort of where we're both at. My GPA for my MBA isn't bad, but we also talked about how meaningless grades are when you're not applying for additional schooling. I believe I tabled the conversation when I said, "The first guy who asks me what my GPA was in grad school is someone I don't want to work for. The correct response to that is 'I got a 3-point-up-your-ass'."

(Now I might just be a little bitter because I spent 6 hours today struggling with a 4-problem homework assignment. Which makes me suddenly understand why Wes is ready to climb walls after doing his homework - this time frame is his norm for computer engineering/physics work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home