Wednesday, June 29, 2005

SO not what I expected.

Grad school has not ceased to amaze me. Some nights I revel in the intelligence and intellectual curiosity of my professors and classmates. Other nights I feel a personal attachment to the material. Then again, some nights just defy explanation.

Tonight we discussed an Australian wine case and globalization. Overheard in class:

"Who does the CEO remind you of? He reminds me of fat bastard."

"The other protagonist passed away shortly before this video was made, something involving a freak kangaroo accident."

I suppose that some of these comments and class antics stemmed from the fact that our newbie prof decided that an Australian wine case would be a good opportunity to BYOB. Yes folks, our core group of 75 people went through a few cases of wine between 8 and 10pm tonight, during our strategy class.

Things sort of took a turn for the worse when our token old guy lectured:

"White and rosee on ice is ok,
Red on cold is never sold."

Sometimes grad school isn't quite what I expected it to be.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home