Monday, March 14, 2005

Testing the Scientific Properties of Crystal Light Lemonade

A while back the boyfriend and I wondered what might happen to a glass of Crystal Light if left undisturbed. We posited that the primary reason certain liquids develop mold (when left standing) is due to their sugar content. What about Crystal Light given that it has no sugar? Well I'm here to tell you that it does mold, but not in the typical way. Normally when a beverage molds you see things floating in it - small clusters of spores. Today I arrived at work to find the leftovers from Friday (oops!) in a glass that didn't have small clusters floating, but was in fact entirely green on the inside of the glass. That's right folks - the liquid was still clear, but the entire inside of the cup was green. EEEEWWWWW. Another mystery of life uncovered.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Derek said...

I am glad there are people like you doing these things so I don't.

10:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home