Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Public Transportation vs. Walking to Work

Given this story, I may very well be walking to work sometime soon. Yes it's 11 miles, and I'd have to get up at 4 am to make it to work on time (and we all know what a lovely morning riser I am), but with gas this high, I'm just not sure I can afford to drive any more.

Which brings me to my second point - public transportation. LA fares worse than most of the major cities because no one really had the foresight to plan for public transportation. Now LA is a case of the worst urban sprawl, and the few metrolines we do have only go so far. This would be particularly useful because I have just started receiving the Wall Street Journal which, unfortunately, is delivered every day. I could use that hour commute time on public transport to read my papers in a timely fashion, rather than stacking them up all week and reading them on Saturday.

Of course, between gas prices and lack of public transport, maybe someone will just come up with pods like the Jetsons.

Enough randomness for now. Time to party at Sardi's! (after driving there of course ;))

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home