Monday, June 08, 2009

C'mon summer.

It's starting to warm up for summer and I keep wanting to get out of town. This weekend I did just that!

This past weekend I went to North Carolina to visit Light, her hubby and her adorable little girl! Light and I have known each other since high school. Even though we see each other rarely these days, we can always pick up where we left off and have a great time doing it. Most of what we did this weekend was hang out, eat good food, watch movies and play with her daughter.

When I showed up, I came bearing gifts. Which brings me to the knitting:

For Light's birthday I made her a mesh bag for when she goes to her wonderfully yummy farmer's market right near her house. (We may or may not have had white chocolate baguettes there on Saturday!)


The Project: Everlasting Bagstopper

The Yarn: Fantasy Naturale 100% cotton

The Needles: US 5's and 10.5's

The Verdict: This was a simple easy knit and a great bag. I did make a few mods: I knit the bag with sightly less height, and I tapered the top so it wasn't quite so floppy. Also - while the yarn was perfect for the project, I found the cotton very hard on my hands, so I could only work on this a bit at a time.


I also had to make something for Light's little girl:


The Project: May Day Dress by Vicki Howell

The Yarn: Mandarin Cotton

The Needles: US 3's

The Verdict: This was an easy knit and makes such a cute little summer top. It can start as a dress for a little one and end up as a top, which makes it able to survive more than one summer! I upsized this one a bit and it's a little big for her now, but I'm sure she'll grow into it!


The weekend was a great one away! I had a fabulous time even though I didn't get a lot of sleep (someone is a bit of a finicky sleeper....) But who couldn't love this face?

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home