Monday, March 02, 2009

A sweater is born.



I started knitting this sweater around Thanksgiving time. I bought the lovely charcoal alpaca last spring at the Sunflower Knitters' Guild's Kansas Yarn Crawl. I just saw it at Yarn Barn in Lawrence and had to have it.

And then last fall I saw the perfect pattern for the yarn. And apparently so did everyone else, because before I knew it there were twelve million of my perfect alpaca sweaters out there. I finally got around to knitting the sweater at Thanksgiving time and in my usual fashion, I finally got around to FINISHING the sweater last week. Today was the perfect day for a photo shoot.


The Pattern: Francis Revisited

The Needles: US 7's

The Yarn: Charcoal Alpaca from Yarn Barn

The Verdict: I worried halfway through this sweater that the supersoft alpaca that I loved knitting with would be scratchy on my neck. Well I put the sweater on today and it was fine! I wore a thin shirt underneath just to be sure, but this sweater is definitely soft to wear and is going to see a lot of play. Today I just enjoyed the last bits of snow for a fun photoshoot.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynn said...

Laura,

Your sweater is lovely. I am glad it is not scratchy. That is always a concern for me too.

Good luck on your interview this week.

Lynn

7:41 PM  
Blogger ndef said...

Looks great!

9:25 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

Very nice! It's flattering on you and I bet soft as heaven!

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home