Thursday, February 19, 2009

News... now with more pictures!

In addition to working and ranting and raving over here, I've had some projects in the works. Although I can't show you all of them yet (March is Birthday month for the family!) I do have a few peeks into what I'm doing that I can share.

First on the list is the indoor garden. As you can see we're doing pretty well. From left to right that's our cucumber plants, little tomato plants and, of course, the BEANS of DOOM. Not really pictured is the planter with tiny carrot green sprouts.


The lettuce, onions, and broccoli have been declared failures since none took to the new planters well and pretty much ceased growing. They have been replaced with red and green bell peppers, and some seeds that Wes pulled from a pepper at our local On the Border. Remind me not to eat those. Finally we have transferred the herbs. So far we've got lots of little basil plants and some cilantro. I can't wait to have fresh pico de gallo!

The other project that I finished recently was a knitted bag that I've been eyeing for a while.


The Pattern: Celtic Tote from Interweave Knits, Winter 2007

The Yarn: Lamb's Pride, 3 skeins of Tahiti Teal and 1 skein Charcoal

The Needles: US 8's

The Verdict: I love this bag! I modded it to make it just a bit bigger envisioning it as a project bag. I purchased some plastic mesh at my local Michael's to make the bottom a bit sturdier, and frankly the bottom of the bag design is really genius! This one felted up pretty quickly with only one cycle through the washer. I still plan to line the bag, and I have some interfacing to add to it in the hopes it will create a sturdy durable bag. I'm 100% pleased!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home