Monday, November 10, 2008

And fall is over.

Just like that, the trees have shed their leaves, the temperatures have dropped and snow is in the forecast. Fall was beautiful but short and I miss it already. I'm really cold.

This weekend we headed down to my in-laws so that Wes could finish up a curio cabinet that he's building for his mom. This meant LOTS of knitting time for me.

My favorite accomplishment this weekend was finishing the first of two fingerless gloves that I'm making myself.


The Pattern: Winter Twilight Mitts

The Needles: US 1's

The Yarn: Colinette Jitterbug & Dale Ulli

The Verdict: LOVE LOVE LOVE these! These are going to be a part of my new winter set (well yeah winter is already here). It's my first big stranded project and I had a little trouble with tension at first, but then seemed to get into the groove. I still have the second one to do, but I'm hoping that it will go faster now that I know what I'm doing!


I also managed to mostly complete a commission order that I'm working on, a newborn baby bunting. (Yes the sleeves are still missing - hope to finish that up today!)


The Pattern: My own, adaptation of EZ's February Baby Sweater for the yoke and then all my own.

The Needles: US 5's

The Yarn: Caron Simply Soft, Off White

The Verdict: This is turning out pretty well for a hare-brained idea of mine. I found the red star buttons in my sewing box and thought it would compliment this unisex pattern (Grandma doesn't know whether it's a boy or a girl!)


Finally, I managed to finish a big sweater that I've had on the needles for a bit. This is a sample that has already been mailed to A Mano.


The Pattern: Shawl Collar Openwork Jacket, Tahki Stacy Charles, Fall 2008

The Needles: US 10's

The Yarn: Brown Sheep Lanaloft, 7 skeins.

The Verdict: I really loved this pattern and I think it makes a great cozy jacket. Having done a few openwork patterned projects, I have to say that I don't care so much for the knitting of them - more for the final product. This is another one that may find it's way into my queue again!


This week is pretty open. I have a few more commission projects to crank out while I'm waiting to hear about jobs. Hopefully I should know more by the end of the week. Hope it's a great one for you!

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Stale Peeps said...

Wow, you've been busy! I love the winter twilight mitts and have them in my faves too. Great job!

4:21 PM  
Blogger PlazaJen said...

You're cranking out the knits! Love the fingerless mitts.....look forward to seeing them in person!

4:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home