Friday, January 11, 2008

The Partly Cloudy Patriot


After I enjoyed Sarah Vowell's Assassination Vacation so much, I passed it on to my friend Knitmeister S who also enjoyed it greatly. This afternoon I walked into his office and he told me that he had just received another of Sarah Vowell's books, The Partly Cloudy Patriot. I ooohed and aaahed until he let me borrow it, and then proceeded to commit the embarrassingly nerdy act of reading it all in one afternoon while I was supposed to be working. In deference to him, I'm not going to post spoilers, but just say that it was an excellent read. If you enjoy Sarah's sarcastic look at American history, you'll enjoy this! I do believe my favorite line of the book is this:

"American history is a quagmire, and the more one knows, the quaggier the mire gets."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home