Monday, January 21, 2008

The needles

Since I began my life of leisure (and truthfully most of last week) I have been knitting quite a bit. Part of it is a desire to wrap up old projects, and part of it is that I'm done for the most part with commissions and I'm working on a variety of projects for myself now!

I did drag up and oldie/moldie to finish it this week. I think I put it aside originally because it didn't turn out quite as shapely as I had hoped. I actually finished up 80% of it by September/October last year, and it just needed sleeves. Today I buckled down and finished it. I had originally hoped that this might be a cute dress, but I think I like it better as a tunic over jeans. What do you think?













My other finished object is a great scarf for the cold weather. I made it with two skeins of Misti Alpaca Hand-Dyed Chunky. The color isn't as vibrant in this photo as in real life, but I really like it.



Finally I have a few other things on the needles. On the left, a hat to go with the scarf - a simple cable pattern. On the right are the Nutkin socks. I love the way the pattern looks like leaves in the jade green Koigu.


Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger e said...

The green is gorgeous! You're right, it looks just like spring leaves. :) As for the dress, it's a bit hard to tell... the photos are small and a bit dark. But it looks comfy with jeans, and cute without, so you could probably go both ways, depending on the weather that day. :)

1:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home