Thursday, January 17, 2008

The movies.

In the past week I have seen 3 great movies that I'd like to share with you.


1. Lars and the Real Girl - This is the best movie I've seen in the theatre in a long time. We went and saw it at a second run theatre for $3 (can you beat that?!?) and I was really touched. I wasn't sure when I saw the previews whether a movie about a boy and a blow-up doll would really be to my liking, but it was so witty, funny and endearing - I just loved it. If you haven't seen it, you should! Ryan Gosling and and Emily Mortimer are excellent!


2. Waitress - When this was in the theatres, Knitmeister S. tried to get me to go see it with him. Somehow the plans fell through, but I remembered that it had gotten good press so I Netflixed it last weekend. The story is simple - Keri Russell is a pie maker who is trapped in a loveless marriage and suddenly finds herself pregnant, much to her dismay. The story was sad, but the ending was hopeful. Keri Russell was really good, as was Nathan Fillion, who played her physician. Again, I would definitely recommend this one!


3. My Lovely Sam-Soon - This was a Korean mini-series (if you can count 16 hours as a mini-series) that I tore through this week. I borrowed it from a co-worker after hearing great things about it from everyone I work with. For the most part, I wasn't disappointed. Sure it got a little melodramatic in parts, but overall it was a sweet, if not slightly crazy, story about a baker and her boss as they fall in love. It does have subtitles, and requires a bit of a time commitment, but it was worth it.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home