Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Replacing myself.


It is a truly odd experience to replace oneself. In the past week I have been writing my job description in various ways, formulating task lists and effort distributions and monitoring resumes. They have now posted 2 positions to replace my one job, and I am tasked with screening resumes, setting up interviews and trying to get candidates into place before I leave.

It is really weird screening resumes to find someone to do everything I currently do. It's not that I don't think I'm replaceable - we all are. It's just that finding someone with a set of qualifications that more or less matches mine is not that easy. That and our job descriptions are so generic that we get tons of applicants with widely different experience levels. It should be an interesting few weeks...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home