Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A wee bit chilly.


Sorry for the long blog absence, but I've been off to Kansas and fighting a bit of a cold! This past weekend was Wes' graduation. I have some great pictures, but they're still in the camera so you'll just have to imagine until tonight!

Friday morning my parents and I set off on a Kansas adventure to watch my sweetie graduated from KSU. The flights went smoothly and we arrived in Kansas where it was in the 20's and just a bit balmy! We enjoyed a great Thai dinner with Wes and his family and headed to bed to get ready for the big day.

Saturday dawned really friggin' cold. It was in the teens and it was so cold that there was ice on everything - as soon as water hit the windshield you could see it crystallize. It was super scary - I've never been in THAT kind of cold before. However, we all braved the cold and trekked out to KSU. At 11:30 in the morning we watched Wes join the Order of the Engineer. After a short reception we headed over the Bramlage Center to watch Wes graduate! It was a short ceremony, but toasty warm inside the sports center, and we were all so excited and proud! After lots of pictures (which I'll share later) we headed out for a great BBQ dinner at Famous Dave's.

Sunday was a quiet day. We saw Enchanted with my parents and then had dinner with Wes' family back at the house. Monday we headed back to the airport and managed to get out of the midwest right before the big ice storm hit. As I'm typing this Wes is stuck at home with no power.

All in all it was a great weekend. I'm so proud of Wes for making it through college and graduating. He has accomplished so much! It was so nice to spend the weekend with our families - even though they don't have a lot in common everyone got along great and it was wonderful just to be together. Now I'm back in LA finishing a few things up before Christmas break. Wes and I are so close to January and starting our life together. It's starting to get really scary to think about leaving my family and friends and Los Angeles, but at the same time it's starting to feel very real and exciting. Now I just have to make it through some power knitting, gift wrapping and packing!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home