Sunday, October 14, 2007

And the star makes 12 14.


In another bout of finishitis, I put the last few rows on this star this weekend. I love this blanket, and love that I got to use yarns in it from my grandmother and my mother-in-law to be (yes she's de-stashing to me too!). The fact that the points look a little wavy is actually an accident a design element - I seem to have miscounted a little, but I like how it makes the star a little swirly.

This blanket also brings my year of charity blankets to a close. Apparently, I have a problem counting however. No one mentioned anything, but I appear to have gone beyond my goal of a blanket a month... there are FOURTEEN blankets in my Flickr photos. (that's what you get when you have two #3's and two #11's) I played a little bit with Flickr collage to get the picture below. I hope these 14 blankets find their way into homes and provide warmth and comfort to 14 little babes.


1. Charity Blanket #1, 2. Charity Blanket #2, 3. Charity Blanket #3, 4. "The Blues" - Charity Blanket #3, 5. Peppermint Charity Blanket #4, 6. Stitch Detail - Psychedelic Granny Square, 7. It's not easy being green., 8. Charity #9 - Charlie Brown, 9. Charity #8: Crazy Ripples, 10. Charity Blanket #7 - The Mighty Miter, 11. Charity Blanket #11 - Started July 4th!, 12. Charity Blanket #10 - Log Cabin, 13. Charity Blanket #11 - Starry Starry Night, 14. Charity Blanket #12 - Star!
Created with fd's Flickr Toys.


Now I just have to figure out what charity to knit for next!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Ellen Bloom said...

Stitches from the Heart is always looking for donations. They would love your blankets!

www.stitchesfromtheheart.org

They have a store, located in Santa Monica

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home