Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Red Scarf 2008

The Red Scarf Project is a project of the Orphan Foundation of America. OFA, found at Orphan.org, collects red (and other unisex-colored) scarves to send in Valentine's Day care packages to college students who have aged out of foster care. These brave young people are going it on their own and trying to improve their lives and the community by attending college.

I first found out about this project last year, right at the deadline, and this year eagerly checked Norma's site to make this year's deadline. To make this scarf I used some TLC Amore in Red and some Knitpicks wool in Firecracker Heather. Then I used all the samples I have of yummy fuzzy and novelty yarns to give it a little pizazz. I wasn't sure how I was going to like it, but I do! Now I can't wait to do a bunch more in other colors.


So if you're a knitter, check out the Red Scarf Project!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home