Monday, August 13, 2007

SP 11 Questionnaire


After watching the Knitting Secret Pal's for a while, I decided I wanted to participate so I just joined SP 11. Basically for two months, I have a secret pal, who's a fellow knitter, to spoil with knitting related goodies AND I get to be spoiled by someone who has me! Now that the fun is getting underway, I'm to post the questionnaire and my responses. So here goes!

***

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?

Recently I discovered Rowan Cashsoft and it was amazing to work with. I also love Malabrigo and Noro. In terms of fibers I don't like - anything itchy like Mohair, or too fuzzy I generally avoid.

2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?

I have a cute quilted case, as well as a rubbermaid bin for all the straights.

3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?

My grandmother originally taught me to knit when I was 6 or 7, but only in the last 3 or 4 years have I done anything beyond a scarf or blanket. Now I want to try everything - patterns, stitches, different yarns! I would say that I hover between intermediate and advanced and I love learning new things!

4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?

Yes. It's under my real name.

5. What’s your favorite scent?

Vanilla and peach.

6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?

YES YES YES. It's bad for me but I can't resist the sweets. Pretty much anything works - chocolate, gummy candy, you name it!

7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?

I am going to be taking a drop spindle class in another few weeks so I'm super excited about that. I've also picked up crocheting a bit this year. One day I want to learn to dye fiber, but I'm trying not to overload the budget and the storage limitations!

8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD).

That's a hard one... I have really varied music tastes. I love everything from country to dance to pop to harder sounds. I'm open to trying anything pretty much except for really heavy metal or rap.

9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?

I tend to love the bright colors: turquoise, purple, pink....

10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?

I'm engaged to a wonderful man and we're getting married next summer. We've been long distance for all of our relationship and he's in his last semester of school so come Christmas we'll be together! No pets.

11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?

Not mittens, but pretty much all of the others. Living in California there just isn't a lot of use for heavy knitted items, but I love them just the same!

12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?

I tend to get bored quickly so I try and pick up lots of new stuff. Lately I've wanted to try more socks!

13. What are you knitting right now?

A sample for the LYS (crochet bag), a dress from Knitscene, Grumperina's Jaywalkers, Clapotis and a charity baby blanket! (I told you I get bored easily!)

14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?

Are there any better ones?

15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?

I own tons of circular bamboos and usually pick these up. I have some straights for socks, and I've recently discovered Addi's - an expensive addiction.

16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?

Neither. I frequent the LYS.

17. How old is your oldest UFO?

Hmmm I JUST finished a second sock where the first was done back in Jan or Feb. The rest are only a month or two old.

18. What is your favorite holiday?

In my family, Thanksgiving was always the biggest holiday (we don't celebrate Christmas). It means really good food, family and fun. Now I celebrate Christmas with my fiance's family and his niece and nephew.

19. Is there anything that you collect?

Other than yarn?

20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?

I have quite a few knitting books. I currently subscribe to Interweave Knits. The projects I'm interested in I've put up on Ravelry.

21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?

Nothing specific that comes to mind.

22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?

I wear a size 6 shoe and really like knitting socks!

23. When is your birthday?

May 5th.

24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?

FluffyKira

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home