Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Laundry Gripes


To my fellow tenants:

As you all know, we live in a really nice apartment complex that has multiple laundry facilities. Given that we all co-exist I'd like to take this time to remind you ask that you take a modicum of responsibility.

1. If you're going to do a load of laundry and you spill your detergent, for heaven's sake clean it up. It's not that hard. Take an item of clothing or a towel out of the washer and wipe the top of the machine. It's just soap it isn't dirty.

2. If you're going to dry your laundry in the dryers (that take twice as long as the washers) please come and remove your dry clothing promptly. I know it's hard to remember how long an hour is. That's why God invented the timer. You just set it for an hour and bam, there's an alarm to remind you when your laundry is dry. Don't make us all wait around for 15 or 20 minutes or more to get our sopping wet laundry in the dryer. It's not very pleasant and it makes me angry. It also tempts me to take your laundry out of your dryer and leave it in a heap somewhere, which I don't really want to do.

3. Please don't do five loads of laundry at once. There are only 6 washing machines and 6 dryers per room. Don't you think anyone else might want to do laundry at some point? Meanwhile they're stuck waiting 90 minutes for your washers and dryers to be free. Then if you don't follow rule #2, they're just effed.

4. Why not go for broke and clean the lint trap? I got news for you. It's probably your hair in there. I know you don't want to get my hair so I clean it up when I leave.

5. NEVER EVER dye anything in the community washers. I don't want pink underwear and neither do you. (Unless of course they were pink before they got washed... then that's ok.)

Thank you for listening.

-A disgruntled fellow tenant

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home