Sunday, April 22, 2007

Mission Complete


Lots to catch up on. Firstly - my first adult sized sweater is complete. I really enjoyed working on this one, and I think it came out great. Unfortunately it's not for me (it's a sample for the store), although the nice part is that I'll get paid for it. But I couldn't resist modeling!

This weekend was a whirlwind of knitting, parties, gaming and not enough sleep. I also managed to accomplish the following:

The Curse of the Golden Flower - This was the latest in the martial arts/special effects movies featuring Li Gong and Chow Yun Fat as the Emperor and Empress of China. The movie was beautifully done - in acting, in sets and costumes, and in special effects. I would highly recommend!

Highwire Moon by Susan Straight - This was a quick read. It is the story of a 15 year old girl, Elvia, who is of Mexican, Indian and American blood struggling to find out her identity. She lives with her sketchy father, and wonders about the mother who left her when she was only 3. At the same time, her mother is struggling to find her way back into America and find the daughter she lost so long ago.

And not from this weekend, but still bearing mention:

My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult - I could not put this book down. This is the story of 12 year old Anna who was genetically engineered and born to serve as a donor for her older sister who has an aggressive form of cancer. After 12 years, Anna merely wants to be treated as though she has a choice in the matter. When her sister needs a kidney transplant, Anna takes the family by surprise when she files for medical emancipation. A must read.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home