Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Back to Work


Well despite today being a National Day of Mourning for the late President Ford, we're back at work today, and the New Year has started. I'd like to say that I'm sorry break is over, and in some ways I am, but I guess I also need more routine.

My horoscope for the day:

When you mix water and clay in the right proportion, you get a pliable material that can take many forms. If you add too much water, you get a muddy mess. Think of your life as the clay and your emotions as water right now.

This seems pretty accurate. My holiday break was great up until this weekend. On Saturday night I got pretty sick. As Jerry Seinfeld would say, "the vomit streak is over." (And no I didn't eat a black and white cookie.) Anyway since then I have been a little off... both physically and mentally. I wasn't quite prepared for it, but it seems that my depression and anxiety have flared up a bit. Too many emotions is certainly equalling mud.

On the other hand, Wes and I had a nice New Year's Eve even if it was a little tame. We stayed home all of the day so I could recuperate, and he whooped my ass at Scrabble, we watched movies and rang in the New Year cuddling on the couch in front of a fire. Yesterday we shopped for odds and ends and saw The Pursuit of Happyness which was a great movie.

Hence, by today I'm sort of glad for the routine of work, even though work isn't exactly "normal". Today is my boss's last day, and this breeds some uncertainty for me as to what I'll be doing in the next few months. Next Monday also marks the start of my final semester of grad school meaning I really do need to hurry up and figure out what I want to be when I grow up. And this January also marks the beginning of the last year Wes and I will spend apart. At this time next year we will really be beginning our new life together. I guess all of these little bits and pieces have thrown me for a loop.

Here's hoping your New Years are very happy and a little more sane than mine!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home