Sunday, December 24, 2006

A Winter Adventure


Whew! Well it's Christmas Eve and I'm finally in Kansas with my sweetheart. And oh what a trip it has been.

I started Friday morning, ready to leave LA on my 1pm flight, through O'Hare and on to Kansas City. Except all flights out of O'Hare had been cancelled. Then my flight out of LA was delayed. PANIC TIME!

I ended up arriving in Chicago at 9pm. My sister and her boyfriend graciously met me at the O'Hare Wyndam, where I spent the night. And my sweetie, my knight in shining armor, arrived on a white steed (ok in a white Hyundai Sonata) to rescue me. We drove back yesterday, hitting Wal-Mart at 12:30am for our last minute shopping needs and fell into bed exhausted. He really gets all the credit driving 600+ miles each way, in two 12-hour days.

So now I'm here and ready to celebrate the holidays, thankful for my family and friends, and for the man I'm going to marry.

Hope you all got to your destinations safe and sound! Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home