Sunday, November 05, 2006

A very knitty ditty.



There once was a girl who loved knitting,
So much her huge stash was befitting.
She had piles of strings
To make all sorts of things
Her fave? Movies, knitting, couch sitting.


This weekend I pretty much did nothing but knit. I worked Saturday at the yarn store and knitted most of the day. We just started a great new charity project. There is a halfway house for homeless pregnant women nearby, and the store is giving some free yarn to anyone willing to knit a baby blanket to donate. So that's the red and grey stripey blanket (almost half done!) on the left. I also have pink, green, purple and multicolor for a girly blanket too. Not to mention my stash... oh my stash.

Today I spent most of the day watching DVDs and learning how to knit the felted clog/slipper up at the top. I ran it through the washing machine tonight, but it didn't shrink/felt quite as much as I'd hoped. I'm going to try again this week. (Right now I'm calling the slipper BigFoot - my entire sneaker is in there. Now it is a slipper to fit the man in my life, but his feet aren't THAT big.)

Finally that's a cute little ribbed hat to go with a rainbow Dulaan scarf.

Now it's time to give up the knitting and return to the world of work and school. BOO.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home