Monday, April 17, 2006

And then there was one.


The Monday Update
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
Whew! So many things to write about and it's only Monday at noon!

First off, thanks to all who commented below. I had no idea I'd spark conversation with that post. I think there are a lots of reasons people turn on the TV and a lot of ways that they watch it. For me personally, I live alone. So when I turn on the TV it's mostly for the sound of it. I also tend to do other things while watching: cleaning, exercising, knitting. However, there are times when I just sit mindlessily in front of it. So for this week, my resolution is to DVR what I want to watch and only watch that. The other times, I'm going to turn the TV off and read a book. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Second, I'd like to congratulate my friend Rob and his wife Leeann who had a gorgeous baby girl over the weekend. She's their first and I'm sure they're a bit sleep deprived, but I hope they're enjoying her.

Third, As the Pump Turns. I am sad to report that there is only one Triops left in the tank. This weekend, after a vigorous bout of egg laying, Number 1 and Red succumbed to their own little Triops heaven.

Next, to prove that I do indeed spend too much time with media, I have this weekend's movie reviews:

* Matchstick Men - This movie wasn't really what I was expecting. Nicolas Cage plays an con man with a horrible case of OCD who finds out he has a daugther. Hilarity ensues, and the movie does take a few suprise turns. Highly enjoyable.

* Northern Exposure - Season 1 - My parents loved this show when it was on air, and I have recently come to love Rob Morrow through watching Numb3rs. It's pretty funny and I'm eagerly waiting for the second disc.

* The French Lieutenant's Woman - This is an older movie, starring Meryl Streep and Jeremy Irons. The movie is a film within a film and a bit complicated, tracing a modern couple embarking on an affair while portraying a Victorian couple in a movie. The biggest surprise for me here was how SEXY Jeremy Irons was a few years back.

* Donnie Brasco - This was a pretty decent mob flick with Johnny Depp and Al Pacino. The hardest part for me was that it is a true story - scary that these things still happen in the world.

* Chronicles of Narnia - This was last week's movie screening at work and I have to say I quite enjoyed it. I remember the books and this was a pretty good adaptation.

And finally, from the Odd News at Yahoo I leave you with a tidbit about the wave of the future.

Future sex: gizmos, robots

SAN FRANCISCO (Reuters) - When America's top sex researchers gathered recently to discuss the next decade in their field, some envisioned a future in which artificial sex partners could cater to every fantasy.

"What is very likely to be present before 2016 would be a multi-sensual experience of virtual sex," said Julia Heiman, director of the Kinsey Institute for Research in Sex, Gender and Reproduction at Indiana University, Bloomington.

A field dubbed "teledildonics" already allows people at two remote computers to manipulate electronic devices such as a vibrator at the other end for sexual purposes.


I don't know about you, but I'll take the good old fashioned kind!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home