Monday, March 27, 2006

I think I'm on the wrong list.


Couch
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
You know you've done it. Bought that one item you shouldn't have. Spent a little too much. Gone out of your price range/usual shopping area/comfort zone. And you've landed on a mailing list you shouldn't have.

I read the fashionistas - Amazing Amy and Amalah. I stop by Sephora every now and then. And I keep up with my celebrity gossip - I know what's hot and what's not according to Trent.

But let's face it. I'm more of a Nine West girl, an Express girl. I'm a bought-it-on-sale-at-a-bebe-store-at-an-outlet-mall kind of girl. I'm not a french parfum kind of girl, I'm really more of a Charlie by Revlon girl. I'm not a MAC girl, I'm a whatever-looks-good-at-the-drug-store kind of girl. I'm a get-my-hair-highlighted-at-a-fancy-salon-followed-by-6-months-of-Supercuts-trims kind of girl. I'm a get-my-nails-done-at-the-cheapest-place-that-looks-remotely-hygienic-and-fixes-her-nails-with-Elmer's-glue type of girl. (Yes I really did.) You get the point.

Today the Barneys New York catalogue arrived. Filled with shoes. Nothing. But. The. Shoes. And not a single pair under $400. Most ranging between $700 to $1500.

PEOPLE: I sat on a COUCH this weekend at Macy*s Furniture Gallery that was $699. And I would sit my ass on that every day for the next 5-10 years.

Dear Barneys -

You've got the wrong girl. Save yourself the glossy brochure and the postage. I'm too low class for you.

Love and kisses and cute little DSW shoes,
Littledevilworks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home