Wednesday, February 22, 2006

SO Ghetto.


Manicure
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
About 4 years ago, I started interviewing for new jobs. I decided that part of looking my best to impress should include nicely manicured nails. Thus I began my affair with the devil - getting those babies "upkept" every two weeks.

Over time, I've gone through a few manicurists. One couldn't keep track of my appointment, one was really expensive for a lousy job. The most recent one has seemed to do a good job, and for a modest price.

Until the last few weeks. Case in point: the last time I went to see her I had THREE broken nails. This is a trend that has been steadily increasing. One breaks, she puts a fake tip on it to match lengths, and then the tip pops off some time during the two weeks. Lather, rinse, repeat.

So I saw my manicurist this past Saturday. She pampered my babies and they looked great. Until tonight when I went to type on my keyboard and one of those damn tips popped off again.

*story starts to go downhill, watch for it*

I commenced cursing over the fact that I have to wait until Friday, March 3rd to do anything about this. Then I started thinking I'd go back before then and have her fix this one. Then I started searching my apartment for a quick fix. Now there is such a thing as nail glue (*mental note to buy some tomorrow*) but did I have any? No. I almost tried the SuperGlue route but I didn't have any. That's probably a good thing.

Finally I found it: Elmer's glue. Good on wood and fabric (and we know that means only paper and popsicle sticks.) Yes folks I proudly Elmer'ed my nail back on and then triumphantly coated it with 3 coats of clear polish.

Yes I'm ghetto.

And yes I'm buying a tube of nail glue first thing tomorrow morning.

And yes, you may laugh now.

That is all. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home