Sunday, March 26, 2006

Leavin' on a jet plane.


plane
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
This morning, I reluctantly took Wes back to the airport. There's nothing I hate more than sending him back to Kansas again and having to come home to an empty apartment knowing that tonight I have to go to bed alone. The only bright spot is that we booked a return ticket for him for mid-May, so this separation will at least be fairly short.

We had a good time this past week, even though we mostly laid low and relaxed. Yesterday we slept late and he made me french toast with strawberries and scrambled eggs for breakfast. (and let me sleep in while he cooked!) Then we curled up and watched Hotel Rwanda. Then we went out and wandered the mall for a few hours, windowshopping for everything from clothes and shoes to couches for our future home. Then we had some dinner and came home and curled up together for the night. Nothing special or exciting, but wonderful time to just be with each other and ingore the outside world.

But I digress. Time to get back to all those things I've been putting off since before my trip, and time to focus for the rest of the semester. And tomorrow is another Monday - what's up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home