Thursday, March 23, 2006

Back to Normal

In the spirit of getting back to normal (whatever "normal" is), here are the movies I have seen recently:

(Just remember there are 16+ hours on the flights to and from Singapore)

* Shopgirl - This was, without a doubt, my favorite movie of the whole trip. I've never been a huge Claire Danes fan (and the celebrity gossip in me hates her for stealing Billy Crudup from Mary Louise Parker when she was 7 months pregnant with their child, but I digress....) but she and Steve Martin were amazing together in this film. A quirky, sometimes happy sometimes sad film about how confusing it is to live life and find love.

* Capote - Phillip Seymour Hoffman deserved all the accolades he received for this incredible movie. Catherine Keener was a beautiful and excellent Harper Lee and I really enjoyed learning more about the lives of both authors. I'm jonesing for some Capote literature now.

* Good Night and Good Luck - This was really a fascinating movie, extremely well acted and directed. I really enjoyed George Clooney, Robert Downey, Jr., Patricia Richardson and of course David Strathairn.

* Pride & Prejudice - While this movie was well done, I have to say that I really prefer the Colin Firth BBC version or the 1940 version starring Greer Garson as Elizabeth Bennett and Laurence Olivier as Mr. Darcy. Regardless, it was a pretty good version of a timeless classic.

* Rent - I'm sure I drove my seatmate nuts bopping along to the music. I thought the movie was ok, but I think I liked the stage version a lot better. Some parts are better left to the imagination, rather than illustrated on the screen.

* Elizabethtown - I wasn't expecting too much, so I wasn't disappointed. This had a few humorous parts, but mostly I discovered yet again that I really don't think much of Kirsten Dunst. (Even if she does have the same last name as The King I know.)

* The Incredibles - Fun fun! The perfect plane movie.

* The Wedding Crashers - Wes and I Netflixed this one last night and I have to say it was hysterical, and sick, and wrong. Definitely good solid entertainment!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home