Thursday, February 16, 2006

Olympians are crazy.


Snowboard Cross
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
For some reason, this year I have been glued to the Olympics. Not that there weren't plenty of times that I've tuned into it in the past, but this year I'm pretty much hooked every evening. I watch as these dedicated individuals give it their all and display courage, strength and a real spirit in their chosen sports.

Tonight I watched the Olympic debut of Snowboard Crossing. For those of you who missed it you missed a CRAZY night. Basically they take snowboarders, line them up 4 in a row on an all terrain course of jumps, twists, turns and ramps and the snowboarders race down the hill. On the way down they fly though the air, collide and get thrown off course, and race to the bottom of the mountain for the gold. It's crazy and exciting and an American took the gold tonight.

Also tonight was the Women's Skeleton competition. This is similiar to the luge except it's an individual sled headfirst through the track. As if that weren't enough, there's one woman who did her runs tonight after announcing she is retiring because she is 2 months pregnant. Now I don't know about you, but I wouldn't be sliding headfirst on ice ever, much less pregnant. CRAZY.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home