Saturday, August 27, 2005

Movie Watch - August 2005


March of the Penguins
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
This is a movie weekend:

* March of the Penguins - this was fantastic, a definite 4-star flick. It was beautifully done, and an honest, poignant and fascinating look into nature. Of course, as Daddy Devil Works put it "If I'd had to walk 140 miles round trip to feed you regurgitated fish for your survival, I'm not sure you would have made it." Well put.

* The Brothers Grimm - I can't say that this was the flick to end all flicks, but this was decent entertainment on a Friday night. Terry Gilliam is odd, weird and quirky and I think he couldn't decide if this film should be mystic and complicated, or more slapstick. The result was a movie that started off being very funny, and progressed more seriously. I thought Heath Ledger and the woman who played Angelica were great, Matt Damon was good as well. Scenery and some of the shots reminded me of Tim Burton's Sleepy Hollow. 3-stars.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home