Thursday, August 25, 2005

Business Law Part I: "It's like, ohmigod, you know?"

I preface this entry with an apology to my friends who are full time students in graduate school. You know I'm not referring to you in this entry and you KNOW EXACTLY WHO I'm talking about - every school has a few of these.

******

So I suddenly found myself amidst a regression tonight. Up until now I've taken adult classes with adult students. We all have lives outside of the classroom - jobs to attend to, families, friends and responsibilities. We've left what a friend of mine affectionately calls the "lala years" which were our undergraduate careers. Except some people haven't.

A case in point:

Tonight 4 girls sat in front of me in class. The first came in and saved seats for the rest. The rest filed in wearing shiny t-shirts and jeans and carrying pretty perfect backpacks. Then they all proceeded to take out matching pencil/pen cases containing at least 5 colors of highlighters and at least 5 colors of ballpoint pens in addition to eye drops, white out, gum and assorted extras. The all wore pony tails and carried an assortment of gummy bears and chocolates that they proceeded to open and share throughout the lectures. One girl asked if it was required that we print out the Powerpoint slides and bring them to class.

Where in the fuck was I? A little something called the "I'm-still-an-undergraduate-despite-being-trapped-in-a-graduate-student's-body-zone."

I don't like it.

Read Part II to find out why I'll keep going back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home