Sunday, May 08, 2005

Whew!

What a weekend! The wedding was awesome - beautiful day, beautiful bride, great party and lots of fun people! Pictures to come when I get back to work and can post with Windows-based photo software.

That was most of the weekend - Friday was rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and wedding prep. Saturday started about 4:40am with coffee and the makeup artist, followed by the wedding, a great party, a second great party at the bride's parents' house, and then a most troubling omen to the new marriage - my driving the newly married couple back to the hotel and hitting a skunk in the road in the process.

Today was Papa day. He seems to be doing better since the surgery (at least mobility wise) although he's quite confused and is still in a skilled nursing facility. Also picked up some of my grandmother's dishes and trinkets (Beth - we'll have to look together when you come home, I pulled stuff for you too!). It's really hard to believe she's been gone 5 years as of this summer. I know she was gone several years before that too, but I still remember so clearly her sitting with me patiently as I cursed my knitting and helping me learn the stitch. I was fortunate to have so much time with her, but I wish I'd had more.

Anyhow, now I'm procrastinating studying for finals. I think I need a weekend to recover from my weekend. Tomorrow is study day and final #1 - wish me luck!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home