Monday, May 23, 2005

Back to work.

Well, I was most sorry to have to wake up early this morning and drag myself back to work, as this was one of the nicest, most relaxing weekends I have had in a long time. Wes arrived Friday night, and despite every restaurant I could think of being closed, we found dinner and enjoyed an evening of catching up.

Saturday we slept late and went out to brunch. Then we came home and watched House of Flying Daggers which I would heartily recommend. The imagery was beautiful, the special effects were breathtaking and the movie was simply in a word (or two) well done.

Sunday we started with the anticipation of heading out towards the Southern California Renaissance Faire, but the crowds and several block long line of cars at the main gates kept us out. So instead we went to the movies and saw Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Even though I hadn't fully read the books, I appreciated that the movie was amusing, wacky and pretty much in the spirit of Douglas Adams. Hard-core book fans may not agree, and no movie can take the place of a great book, but I thought it was a pretty darn good try.

This week it's it back to school and work, but Wes is sticking around through the holiday weekend. On tap for next weekend: The Einstein Exhibit at the Skirball Center, more movies, and maybe a drive up the coast. Here's to beautiful weather and great company.

PS I got tickets to my favorite country group's July 9th concert - I can't wait!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home