Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Back to work Tuesday.

Not quite the ring of Just Another Manic Monday, but it is back to work Tuesday. It's almost back to school Wednesday which is really the bees knees. Tomorrow I begin Corporate Finance and Marketing. As long as you know your Beta, your 4 P's and 4-5 C's (the books disagree on the issue of "context") then you're ready to go. Except that I actually have to read the manual on how to use my calculator. If it didn't have a trillion buttons I'd feel stupid having to read the manual. After all...who needs directions?

Do you ever wonder why shorter weeks feel longer than ever? Here we are having skipped Monday and I still think the week is interminable. Guess I'll have to find more things to do to keep my mind occupied.

So I don't know if this is common occurence, but I got contacted over the weekend via mail from a company called the U.S. Claims Service. Basically they say that the government has some money it's holding for me. They want $29.95 to send me the FORMS to claim the money - not the money itself, just the paperwork. Imagine my surprise when I got on the California Controller's website and found out I could download them for FREE. What a scam! So I filled out my paperwork and maybe I'll see that $322 again some day. Maybe even in time for tax season. The moral of the story: with the internet today, let your fingers do the walking before you send off a check to anyone for any service you think might be free.

Peace out.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home