Saturday, February 12, 2005

Legal Questions Answered

So I spoke to my favorite lawyer yesterday afternoon and learned a bit more about the trademarking and copyrighting issues. It appears that unless I am going to use my logo "in commerce" (i.e. in marketing materials, or on packaging) I do not need to get a trademark license. More details can be found here. On the other hand, a copyright seems a good thing to have. This is a little less pricey but still good so that I can make my little devil mine. More details on copyrighting can be found here. Other tips and tricks including filing a fictictious business name with the LA County Clerk to establish the name of the graphic design business as Little Devil Works. Ahh the wonders of the legal world. A special thanks to my lawyer!

Also - I have conquered the dress. Unfortunately it will require slightly more resources (read: cost) than I had hoped for but the lovely Gladys' Tailoring and Alterations in Rolling Hills Estates is going to turn me into a Victorian princess... at least for a night or two.

Otherwise, I wait for Valentine's Day with a sense of impending doom. This Hallmark holiday is not worth much to anyone. If you've been together for a long time, you should love each other every day, not just this one day a year. If you've just started dating then you have gargantuan pressure to come up with the perfect gift for your new significant other. And if you're alone, well then the day is just another black hole to fall into. And really - who decided to make a holiday out of a demonic little cherub who wants to shoot arrows in your ass? Give me chocolate and make it go away.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home