Monday, September 15, 2008

Off the Needles.

This weekend was fairly quiet. It threatened to rain most of it, so we opted to stay indoors for the most part. We did a fair amount of cleaning, managing to make several trips to the dumpster and fill my car up with stuff for Goodwill. We also managed to clear a lot of the wedding clutter into the newly cleaned closets, hang some pictures and generally make our place more presentable.

Sunday I went knitting for a bit with the girls and then hubby and I watched some good TV/DVDs. We just started The Tudors, Season 1, which I've rented through Netflix. So far, we like it quite a bit. We also watched the re-airing of Fringe on Sunday night. The first showing we came in about halfway through the episode, and I have to say it made a lot more sense this time around. I'm LOVING this new show - it's a few parts X-Files and a little bit CSI-ish. I really like Joshua Jackson and Anna Torv.

Finally, I finished up a knit that has been on the needles for a while.


The Pattern: Roped Shell from Interweave Knits, Summer 2008

The Needles: US 4's

The Yarn: Jo Sharp Alpaca Silk Georgette, 3 balls blue, 2 balls brown

The Verdict: This is a great looking top. I found the finishing work to be a little tedious (the i-cord edging at the sleeves, and the cabling at the neck) but I'm very pleased with the result. The yarn is wonderful to knit with: a blend of alpaca, merino and silk that is so very soft. I think I would probably make one of these for myself! This one is going to A Mano for display.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home