Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Late to the party.


Back when the Harry Potter books first came out, everyone was all atwitter and engrossed in the adventures. I saw the movies and thought they were entertaining. I even picked up books 1-4 on sale and sat down to try and read them. But I got stuck in the juvenalia of books 1 and 2, and just couldn't get into them enough to enjoy them.

Fast forward to the last month or two. I decided that since they were on my shelf, I either needed to read them or ditch them. (What's the point of keeping books if you don't think you'll ever read them?) In my current temp job, I'm allowed to read during the day, so I packed up the Harry Potter volumes and brought them with me.

And lo and behold, I was sucked in. In the last week and a half I've devoured all 4 books and now I'm looking at the remaining stack of unread books on my shelf (the one's I should also be reading), and wistfully thinking about buying books 5-7 instead so I can keep going. I actually think I'm going to be sorry when I finish book 7 and there just isn't any more!

So yeah, I'm a little late to the party, but apparently I have arrived.

P.S. I tried the House Sorter apps online and apparently I'd be a Ravenclaw. I guess I need a scarf... with a patch!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger e said...

I see a new knitting project in your future... :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Azeem Jiva said...

Book 3 is my favorite...

10:41 AM  
Blogger ...e... said...

wait, wait, who is that e??? I'm e!!

2:59 PM  
Blogger Lynda the Guppy said...

LOL I've always said that JKR didn't really decide what to do with the books until about halfway through book 3.

And you should try the audio books. Jim Dale is FANTASTIC. (He's also the voice on Pushing Daisies).

9:13 PM  
Blogger Adie said...

You want 5-7...I'll mail them to ya.

10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home