Sunday, March 09, 2008

And there goes another weekend.

We didn't really have anything planned for this weekend save a Saturday night BBQ date and exploring KC. Late Friday, my in-laws to say that they were delivering a load near here (they're truckers) and that they could lock up the truck and head home (about 2 hours the other direction from here) if we would come and get them and take them home. Since we didn't have tons planned, we figured we'd take them home and get started on part II of the entertainment center. As it turned out we pretty much got nothing done, but we had an ok time, save the HUGE amount of time in the car. However, since I don't have to work tomorrow (that's a topic for another post) I guess I don't get to complain too much - poor Wes has to go back to work. And I did get lots of knitting done!


Wes also got to bring his kayak back to KC with us. Here's a sight I bet you never thought you'd see - my kayak-laden little car!

Which brings me to my most recent accomplishment: Lianne. I have to say this is one of my favorite knits so far and I wish I could keep the final product, only she's not mine to keep! I found this pattern in Handknit Skirts that A Mano just started carrying. At first I wondered if the skirt would be ill-fitting or heavy, but it turned out great. The design is a simple A-line. You start with large needles, and rather than decreasing stitches you just keep moving to smaller and smaller needle sizes. A little elastic in the waistband and you're done! It's easy and a quick knit - I can't wait to knit this again for me.


The Specs:

The Pattern: Lianne from Handknit Skirts from Tricoter

The Yarn: Mango Moon Bali Sky (recycled sarong yarn, 4.5 skeins), Mango Moon Capelli (2 skeins)

The Needles: 15, 10, 9, 8, and 7


Now I'm getting to work on a cardigan for me, and finishing up a special birthday surprise for the l'il sis. More pics to follow.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger K8 said...

Beautiful skirt! The yarn really works well for that!

8:26 PM  
Blogger caseyoconnell said...

That skirt is so great! I am again in awe of your ability.

6:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home