Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cotton Candy Pink

This evening I finished a cute little knit for one of the LYS in Kansas City. This was a quick knit (I love knitting for kids) - I started it last Friday and finished it this evening. Here are the specs:


The Pattern: Darla from Knitting at KNoon. The pattern itself is free, and is a simple little sweater pattern with a lacy motif. The only modification I made was to knit the sleeves in the round rather than flat. If I had it to do again, I think I'd probably do the body in the round, just to avoid the seaming.

The Yarn: Little Lehigh, a cotton and acrylic blend, DK weight, about 650-700 yards.

The Needles: Hem line on 4's, the rest on 5's


I particularly love the neck detail here. Even though the applied I-cord was sort of a pain to do, it marks my first time with this technique and it does create a clean edge and cute tie for the lacy keyhole neckline.

And now I'm off to bed - tomorrow I begin my temp career on a one day assignment as a File Clerk EXTRAORDINAIRE for a local office!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home