Friday, August 31, 2007

Welcome to the office.... you go home now.


Well today is our signature half day before the holiday and I'm thrilled. This is going to be a quiet labor day. I'm kitten-sitting for Knitmeister S and spending the rest of my time knitting! Tonight is Bad Girls Knitting Night at the store and promises to be lots of fun and libations! Tomorrow and Sunday I'll be working at the store and then Monday I'll do my chores (laundry, groceries, etc.) I'm definitely looking forward to having the extra day and a half off from work. Hope everyone has a safe, happy holiday! I'll have new pics to post with all the knitting I'm going to get done. *keeps fingers crossed*

A little trivia courtesy of Wikipedia:

Labor Day is a United States federal holiday that takes place on the first Monday in September. The holiday began in 1882, originating from a desire by the Central Labor Union to create a day off for the "working man". It is still celebrated mainly as a day of rest and marks the symbolic end of summer for many. Labor Day became a national holiday by Act of Congress in 1894.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home