Tuesday, August 28, 2007

SP11 Posting - More about me.


As I mentioned here, I decided to join Secret Pal 11 and to spoil and be spoiled by knitting pals. Here are a few more "getting to know me" questions I've been asked to post!

1. What is the one knitting accessory you could not live without?

Circular Knitting Needles. I HATE HATE HATE straights. I don't mind DPNs so much, but I hate having extra needles under my elbows.

2. If you’re heading on vacation, do you take knitting with you? If so, how much and what type of project?

It depends where I'm going. If I'm going on car trips and space isn't an issue I'll bring whatever I'm working on. If I'm flying or going someplace hot I bring small projects like socks and scarves. Whatever it is, it can't have a complex pattern to consult.

3. Where have you traveled to that you’d consider your favorite spot?

I think my favorite trip was when I went to Thailand last year. It was for school/work so I didn't get to do nearly enough sight-seeing. I was just taken by the culture, the language and the city life. I would love to go back.

4. What is your favorite knitting book at the moment? Do you own it?

I love Stephanie Pearl-McPhee's books. They are so infused with humor and wonderful knitting stories. The book I think I use the most is Barbara Walker's A Treasury of Patterns just for inspiration on specific stitches.

5. Do you listen to podcasts? Which is your favorite(s)?

I haven't but I'd like to. I'll take any recommendations!

6. If you could only knit with 1 color for the rest of your life, what color would that be?

Blue. I love all shades of blue from pale icy blue to bright aqua to deep navy.

7. If you were far into a project and then noticed a mistake near the beginning what would you do?

It depends how noticeable it is and how much I would have to rip out to fix. Most of the time I'd let it slide, but if it was really obvious it would bother me until I fixed it.

8. Where is the most unusual spot you’ve ever knit?

It's not really that unusual but I knit EVERYWHERE. Waiting in line for the movies, inside the movie theatre, in cars when I'm not driving, waiting to meet friends, during lectures when I was a grad student....

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home