Friday, March 16, 2007

A Belated Book Report and The Beauty of a Raglan Sleeve

Well, PHEW! The past two days have been super busy and stress-filled at work and I, for one, am exceedingly glad it's weekend. It might have something to do with the fact that my sweetie lands in T-13 hours to stay for a whole week! Or it might just be that I accomplished a lot this week at work. Not that I think it's going to pay off... but that's a story for a day when I want to be hopping mad.


I did manage to finish a charming book at the beginning of the week. I picked up Prodigal Summer by Barbara Kingsolver. I had been a fan of The Poisonwood Bible, and this did not disappoint. This was the story of several individuals finding their way through life in a small town in Appalachia. It was an easy read, simple and satisfying and just a really good escape. A perfect Spring Break book. (We won't discuss the fact that I should have been on a beach somewhere whilst reading it!)


In knitting news, I'm showcasing the beauty of a raglan sleeve. This is a top-down cardigan for my niece's birthday (mid-next month). Despite the fact that Wes thinks the color looks like a clown exploded, I like the bright pink. If I were turning 9, this is exactly what I would want... a cute little spring cardigan.

In general I haven't showcased too much knitting lately. I've actually been knitting like a fiend, I just haven't been able to post progress because many of the projects are gifts for people who read here. So sooner or later I'll be catching up with photos.

'Til then, have a great weekend!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home