Sunday, January 28, 2007

Said the Bishop to the Actress....*

My only complaints about this weekend so far are that my sweetheart wasn't here with me and the weekend just wasn't dang long enough.

So far the weekend HAS brought:

1. The finish of my entrelac bag. This has been in the works for a while. The colors are leftovers that I had from various projects, all Cascade 220. Since it's a little bright for every day use, I'm planning to use it as a bag to hold my projects. I love how the bottom comes together in a little star. It's a great pattern and was a fun knit. Now I just need to finish the i-cords, felt the work, and then line the bag!


2. A party at Knitmeister S's. We had a delightful time noshing on treats made by various attendess, sipping spirits and laughing a while lot. I heartily enjoyed the pastry squares with melty peanut butter, chocolate and marsmallows! And the plum wine and port were delicious as well.

3. A little bit of homework.

4. A few chores: Dishes, check. Laundry, check. Attempt to contain the yarn explosion. Check.


5. Some new projects. On Friday night I taught myself to crochet. I couldn't wait for February 1, so I cheated on Project Spectrum 2.0 and started a blue charity blanket. Crochet actually does go faster than knitting, and I seem to be catching on, but I'm still a knitter at heart. I also started a pair of cable socks. The yarn is Lorna's Laces in Vera and the needles are size 0. I'm not sure I'll ever finish, since I've had to modify the pattern several times and I have crazy numbers of minuscule stitches, but if I ever do finish they should be lovely.

6. I saw Akeelah and the Bee which was excellent, and Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil. I also jumped into 24: Season 4, JACK IS BACK.


7. rant People who leave their laundry in the public driers for more than 15 minutes after the cycle is over should be shot. I don't want to be one of those people who pulls your clean clothes out of the drier and deposits them somewhere in the not so clean laundry room, but we all need the driers. I also don't want to fold your laundry just so that I can get my wet clothes dry sometime this century. Try not being an asshat next time ok? /rant

That's about it for the weekend. Now it's just back to school and work. If only I were independently wealthy.

*For more about the origins of this quote check here.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home