Thursday, December 07, 2006

Yodeling is the new black.


Ladies and gentlemen. Very few people have the talent it requires to bring the Yodel back into fashion, but I do believe that Gwen Stefani has attempted this feat.

UK's Female First reports:

Gwen Stefani has used a sample from 'The Sound of Music' for her latest single.

The singer has included a section of 'The Lonely Goatherd' - the song sang during the puppet show in the musical - in her new song 'Wind It Up'.

She said: "I had my friend do a mash-up of 'the Sound of Music' with 'Wind It Up'. It was always a dream of mine to put 'The Sound of Music' to a beat, as it was my favourite movie."

The 'Hollerback Girl' singer - who took a break from her career this year to have her first baby with rocker husband Gavin Rosdale - is thrilled by her new sound.


Actually, I'm almost afraid to admit that I like this tune. And I may or may not have been humming and yodeling along while I was driving around LA today. It's kind of catchy...

The last time I remember anyone yodeling was when Jewel did it a few years ago.

AOL Music's snarky remark:

Gwen Stefani Gets Her Yodel On

Yodeling isn't just for Jewel anymore. Rocker and fashionista Gwen Stefani kicks off her new song, 'Wind It Up,' with a yodel-ay-he-hoo that would make the snaggle-toothed Alaskan songstress proud.

I'm not sure I have a point, but I feel positively ALPINE. Where are my braids?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home