Tuesday, December 05, 2006

The day the music Apple died.


We started singing,
"bye-bye, miss powerbook pie."
Drove my chevy to the Mac Store,
But the Mac Screen had died.
Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
And singin, "this'll be the day that you die.
"this'll be the day the Mac died."


Yes, at the most opportune time known to man (read: switching to bi-weekly paychecks, holiday expenses, tuition due) my Powerbook G4 screen died a horrible death last night. I was reaching for the phone when I heard that terrible crackling sound, and then everything went black. Somehow I managed to use enough duct tape to hold it together and back it up, but it isn't pretty. So I'll be praying to the computer gods for benevolence.

Actually, someone (read: my sweetie) has a new one on order for me with a nifty student discount. Even so, we are not amused. (the royal we, you and me, whoever WE).

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home