Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Epidemic my A$$


I don't know if y'all have had occasion to go to the pharmacy lately, but it being flu season and all I'm sure some of you will know what I'm talking about.

*knocks on wood*

Thus far this season, I don't seem to have been plagued with colds or the flu. But I do go to the pharmacy for monthly meds and it is becoming increasingly common to have this experience:

Some poor, disgustingly sick individual appears at the counter next to me. He oozes germs. I instinctively hold my breath as I'm a germaphobe. He coughs/sneezes/spews more germs into the air and points at the cold/flu medicine which is now behind the counter. The clerk sees him and grabs a package of whatever he is pointing at. Then the clerk makes him fill out a form including his name, address, telephone number, first born child and who know's what other information. I feel sicker by the minute. After 5 minutes of argument from the sickie (who doesn't know the law) and the poor pharmacist (who is just doing her job), the sickie leaves the counter having sold his soul to the FDA for some temporary relief from ague. I'm still breathing the germs. And the world is safer from methamphetamine addicts for this interaction.

Don't believe me? The FDA says so.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home