Monday, May 22, 2006

When I die...


My Tombstone
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
So my family has all sort of rules about how we are to be buried.

1. Bury us in warm, dry climates.

with execeptions

1a. We do not want to be buried.
1b. Scattering us out at sea is ok, even though it doesn't qualify as a dry climate.

Yesterday night I watched Tristan and Isolde which I thought was a fabulous movie. It was set just after the fall of the Roman Empire. I took two things from this.

* The British "buried" their dead by putting them in boats with brush and sending them out to sea. When the boats were away from the shoreline, marksmen shot them with arrows of flame.

* The Irish made funeral pyres. The ashes were then placed in an urn and the urn could be kept in rock formations near the sea.

I announced to my fiance last night that the former was the way I wanted to go: in a boat out to sea.

HOWEVER, today I found this tombstone. It's perfect for me. Now what do I do?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home