Sunday, February 05, 2006

Happy Blogiversary!

Yup! One year ago today I started this quirky little site without any idea what I'd write. I remember years ago, when blogs first began, my father dismissed them as self indulgent. "Who would want to read someone else's journal?" I hope he's changed his mind - I think he has, as he seems to check almost daily. :)

For me this has been an interesting year. I started this blog with the announcement of the arrival Wes' (and my soon to be) nephew. Fittingly, after 580 entries or so, Evyn turned one earlier this week and is thriving. When I saw him last he was close to walking and was cute as a button.

Personally, I feel like I've finally kicked some of my demons out of my life. Since I was 21 (and actually well before) I have suffered from quite a bit of anxiety. During times of uncertainty or excessive change or emotion, I used to become a basket case. In the year since I started this blog I have switched jobs and faced some uncertainty in my career twice, I have survived a year of grad school, and I have been scared and elated by my relationship with my fiance and have become convinced that he is the man I want to grow old with. And I have faced all of this without becoming this basket case.

I hope to continue this journal for a long time to come. Writing is therapeutic and gives me a chance to share my wicked sense of humor and poke fun at some of the stranger things that occur in this life.

But beyond that, I have developed a great network of friends through this journal. Some of them I knew well before, some I have met through the blog community, and some I have kept in better touch with from a distance.

Thanks for joining me on the ride so far, and I'll see you all in the next entry.

P.S. It's the ultimate sign of Murphy's Law, however, that my blog seems to be un-viewable as I write this. Isn't it ironic? Dontcha think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home