Thursday, February 02, 2006

$&%@*$% Airport Nazis

I preface this entry by expressing my appreciation for the men and women who police our airports and keep us safe during these uncertain times. None were harmed in the making of this entry.

So I went to the airport tonight to pick up a friend who arrived into town unexpectedly for a family emergency. I had the best laid plans. Her flight was to arrive shortly after 7:30 and I was to pick her up curbside outside baggage claim approximately 10 minutes after she landed. I dawdled at work until I could no longer stand it (and figured I'd be late) and headed to the airport.

Also known as THE. PLACE. I. HATE.

And there they were. The Airport Nazis.

These are the cops who stand curbside, holding their flashlights and ticket books threateningly, and if your wheels so much as think about slowing down, not to mention stopping, the cops commence harassing you to keep it moving. All I wanted to do was to pause for 10-20 seconds to make sure she wasn't standing curbside. But no...... on I had to go. And again. And again. FOUR TIMES ROUND THE STINKING AIRPORT before they let me pause long enough to pick up my friend.

By this time I was cursing up a storm and feeling overly homicidal and my fiance was serenading me with "We All Live in a Yellow Submarine." (CAN YOU BELIEVE HE KNOWS ALL THE WORDS TO THE FIRST VERSE?!?!)

End of the day:

Airport Nazis: 1
The Little Devil: 0

Airport Nazis are just one of the many breeds of Nazis: The Parking Nazis who leave tickets on your car 30 seconds after your meter expires, The Restaurant Nazis who will under no circumstances seat you before the entire party arrives, The Soup Nazi from Seinfeld.

1 Comments:

Blogger Surreal Weasel said...

I found out tonight that I'm one of the physics test nazis. I walk around during physics tests to make sure nobody is cheating.

5:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home