Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Happy New Year!


Wes & Laura
Originally uploaded by littledevilworks.
Happy New Year folks! I hope that you all enjoyed the holidays with friends and family and had a great time!

As I mentioned in my previous post, the main excitement of the season for me was getting engaged, but I realized I probably could do another post about what we did over break.

I left on Dec. 23 and headed for Virginia to spend the holidays with Wes' family. We had a great time! We ate lots of good food, spent time playing with the kids, and enjoyed spending time with the family (though I seem to have lost a bit at cards).

Wes proposed Christmas morning in front of the family, and we were all super excited. For those of you who may be wondering, we won't be getting married for a few years, until we finish school and can live in the same city.

On Dec. 27 we both came back to LA for a little R&R and to tell my parents. We spent New Years rockin' at the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy show at the Walt Disney Concert Hall and ushered in the new year to swing tunes.

A few other highlights of the break:

* We shopped for engagement rings and found the perfect wedding set! Now we just have to find a wedding ring for Wes.

* The movies! We watched/rented: Sling Blade, Addicted to Love, Reservoir Dogs, Happy Endings, Boondock Saints, King Kong and Harry Potter. Of those I have to recommend Happy Endings (a weird little movie with an awesome soundtrack) and Harry Potter. I found Kong to have great special effects, but to be way too long. Boondock Saints was a hilarious rental.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home