Sunday, December 11, 2005

Mother of all things stupid.

otherwise known as: WHEN REALLY SMART PEOPLE DO REALLY DUMB THINGS.

Today as I was pumping gas ($2.45/gallon for premium - hot dog what a deal!) I decded to multitask and clean out the car as well. I went around the vehicle pulling papers from semesters past, empty water bottles and a few Power Bar wrappers and then threw them in the trash can as my gas stopped pumping. Ahh, I sighed with satisfaction, a job well done.

It was then that I realized I also threw away my credit card, which I had been holding in my hand with the garbage.

OH. FUCK.

UPDATE

For those who wondered (like Lynlee), I called the credit card company as soon as I got home. No one had found it or charged on it, and I requested that it be cancelled because I "lost" it. The nice gentleman asked me if he should put a hold on it..."in case I found it this week." NOT BLOODY LIKELY. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynlee said...

Well, shit. What'd you do? Dig, or call the CC company?

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home